Acceptance of Terms
The services that the Romanian Association for Excellence in Ortodonthics (AREO) provides to you are subject to the following Terms and Conditions. The AREO reserves the right in its discretion to update the Terms and Conditions at any time without notice to you. The most current version of the Terms and Conditions can be reviewed by clicking on the „Terms and Conditions ” hypertext link located at the bottom of our Web pages.
Description of Services
Through its network of Web properties, The AREO provides you with access to a variety of resources, including shopping, dues payment, newsletters, communication forums and information(collectively „Services”). The Services including any updates, enhancements, new features, and/or the addition of any new Web properties, are subject to the Terms and Conditions.
Personal and Non-Commercial Use Limitations
Unless otherwise specified, the Services are for your personal and non-commercial use. For purpose of these Terms and Conditions, non-commercial use does not include your orthodontic practice. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information, software, products or services obtained from the Services.
Privacy and Protection of Personal Information
See the Privacy Statement disclosures relating to the collection and use of your information.
Notice Specfic to Documents Available on This Web Site
Permission to use Documents (such as white papers, press releases, datasheets and FAQs) from the Services is granted, provided that (1) the below copyright notice appears in all copies and that both the copyright notice and this permission notice appear, (2) use of such Documents from the Services is for informational and non-commercial or personal use only and will not be copied or posted on any network computer or broadcast in any media, and (3) no modifications of any Documents are made. Use for any other purpose is expressly prohibited by law, and may result in severe civil and criminal penalties. Violators will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible.
THE DOCUMENTS AND RELATED GRAPHICS PUBLISHED ON THE SERVICES COULD INCLUDE TECHNICAL INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS. CHANGES ARE PERIODICALLY ADDED TO THE INFORMATION HEREIN. AREO AND/OR ITS RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS MAY MAKE IMPROVEMENTS AND/OR CHANGES IN THE PRODUCT(S) AND/OR THE PROGRAM(S) DESCRIBED HEREIN AT ANY TIME.
NOTICES REGARDING SOFTWARE, DOCUMENTS AND SERVICES AVAILABLE ON THIS WEB SITE.
IN NO EVENT SHALL AREO AND/OR ITS RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF SOFTWARE, DOCUMENTS, PROVISION OF OR FAILURE TO PROVIDE SERVICES, OR INFORMATION AVAILABLE FROM THE SERVICES.
Member Account, Password and Security
If any of the Services requires you to open an account, you must complete the registration process by providing us with current, complete and accurate information as prompted by the applicable registration form. You also will receive a password. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account. Furthermore, you are entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your account. You agree to notify the AREO immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security. The AREO will not be liable for any loss that you may incur as a result of someone else using your password or account, either with or without your knowledge. However, you could be held liable for losses incurred by the AREO or another party due to someone else using your account or password. You may not use anyone else’s account at any time, without the permission of the account holder.
No Unlawful or Prohibited Use
As a condition of your use of the Services, you will not use the Services for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions, and notices. You may not use the Services in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair any AREO server, or the network(s) connected to any AREO server, or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of any Services. You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any Services, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to any The AREO server or to any of the Services, through hacking, password mining or any other means. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through the Services.
Use of Services
The Services may contain e-mail services, bulletin board services, chat areas, news groups, forums, communities, personal web pages, calendars, photo albums, file cabinets and/or other message or communication facilities designed to enable you to communicate with others (each a „Communication Service” and collectively „Communication Services”). You agree to use the Communication Services only to post, send and receive messages and material that are proper and, when applicable, related to the particular Communication Service. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree that when using the Communication Services, you will not:
- Use the Communication Services in connection with surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk email, spamming or any duplicative or unsolicited messages (commercial or otherwise).
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, name, material or information.
- Upload, or otherwise make available, files that contain images, photographs, software or other material protected by intellectual property laws, including, by way of example, and not as limitation, copyright or trademark laws (or by rights of privacy or publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consent to do the same.
- Use any material or information, including images or photographs, which are made available through the Services in any manner that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other proprietary right of any party.
- Upload files that contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer or property of another.
- Advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any business purpose, unless such Communication Services specifically allows such messages.
- Download any file posted by another user of a Communication Service that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally reproduced, displayed, performed, and/or distributed in such manner.
- Falsify or delete any copyright management information, such as author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded.
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Communication Services.
- Violate any code of conduct or other guidelines which may be applicable for any particular Communication Service.
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including e-mail addresses.
- Violate any applicable laws or regulations.
- Create a false identity for the purpose of misleading others.
- Use, download or otherwise copy, or provide (whether or not for a fee) to a person or entity any directory of users of the Services or other user or usage information or any portion thereof.
The AREO has no obligation to monitor the Communication Services. However, The AREO reserves the right to review materials posted to the Communication Services and to remove any materials in its sole discretion. The AREO reserves the right to terminate your access to any or all of the Communication Services at any time, without notice, for any reason whatsoever.
The AREO reserves the right at all times to disclose any information as the AREO deems necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in the AREO’s sole discretion.
Always use caution when giving out any personally identifiable information about yourself or your children in any Communication Services. The AREO does not control or endorse the content, messages or information found in any Communication Services and, therefore, the AREO specifically disclaims any liability with regard to the Communication Services and any actions resulting from your participation in any Communication Services. Managers and hosts are not authorized AREO spokespersons, and their views do not necessarily reflect those of the AREO.
Materials uploaded to the Communication Services may be subject to posted limitations on usage, reproduction and/or dissemination; you are responsible for adhering to such limitations if you download the materials.
Materials Provided to the AREO and Posted on the AREO Web Site
The AREO does not claim ownership of the materials you provide to the AREO (including feedback and suggestions) or post, upload, input or submit such material to any Services or its associated services for review by the general public, or by the members of any public or private community (each a „Submission” and collectively „Submissions”). However, by posting, uploading, inputting, providing or submitting („Posting”) your Submission you are granting the AREO, its affiliated companies and necessary sublicensees permission to use your Submission in connection with the operation of their Internet businesses (including, without limitation, all the AREO Services), including, without limitation, the license rights to: copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce, edit, translate and reformat your Submission; to publish your name in connection with your Submission; and the right to sublicense such rights to any supplier of the Services. No compensation will be paid with respect to the use of your Submission, as provided herein. The AREO is under no obligation to post or use any Submission you may provide and the AREO may remove any Submission at any time in its sole discretion.
By Posting a Submission you warrant and represent that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to your Submission as described in these Terms and Conditions including, without limitation, all the rights necessary for you to provide, post, upload, input or submit the Submissions.
In addition to the warranty and representation set forth above, by Posting a Submission that contain images, photographs, pictures or that are otherwise graphical in whole or in part („Images”), you warrant and represent that (a) you are the copyright owner of such Images, or that the copyright owner of such Images has granted you permission to use such Images or any content and/or images contained in such Images consistent with the manner and purpose of your use and as otherwise permitted by these Terms and Conditions and the Services, (b) you have the rights necessary to grant the licenses and sublicenses described in these Terms and Conditions, and (c) that each person depicted in such Images, if any, has provided consent to the use of the Images as set forth in these Terms and Conditions, including, by way of example, and not as a limitation, the distribution, public display and reproduction of such Images. By Posting Images, you are granting (a) to all members of your private community (for each such Images available to members of such private community), and/or (b) to the general public (for each such Images available anywhere on the Services, other than a private community), permission to use your Images in connection with the use, as permitted by these Terms and Conditions, of any of the Services, (including, by way of example, and not as a limitation, making prints and gift items which include such Images), and including, without limitation, a non-exclusive, world-wide, royalty-free license to: copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce, edit, translate and reformat your Images without having your name attached to such Images, and the right to sublicense such rights to any supplier of the Services.
Links to Third Party Sites
THE LINKS IN THIS AREA WILL LET YOU LEAVE THE AREO’S SITE. THE LINKED SITES ARE NOT UNDER THE CONTROL OF THE AREO AND THE AREO IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONTENTS OF ANY LINKED SITE OR ANY LINK CONTAINED IN A LINKED SITE, OR ANY CHANGES OR UPDATES TO SUCH SITES. THE AREO IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WEBCASTING OR ANY OTHER FORM OF TRANSMISSION RECEIVED FROM ANY LINKED SITE. THE AREO IS PROVIDING THESE LINKS TO YOU ONLY AS A CONVENIENCE, AND THE INCLUSION OF ANY LINK DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT BY THE AREO OF THE SITE.
Unsolicited Idea Submission Policy
THE AREO OR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES DO NOT ACCEPT OR CONSIDER UNSOLICITED IDEAS, INCLUDING IDEAS FOR NEW ADVERTISING CAMPAIGNS, NEW PROMOTIONS, NEW PRODUCTS OR TECHNOLOGIES, PROCESSES, MATERIALS, MARKETING PLANS OR NEW PRODUCT NAMES. PLEASE DO NOT SEND ANY ORIGINAL CREATIVE ARTWORK, SAMPLES, DEMOS, OR OTHER WORKS. THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS POLICY IS TO AVOID POTENTIAL MISUNDERSTANDINGS OR DISPUTES WHEN THE AREO’S PRODUCTS OR MARKETING STRATEGIES MIGHT SEEM SIMILAR TO IDEAS SUBMITTED TO THE AREO. SO, PLEASE DO NOT SEND YOUR UNSOLICITED IDEAS TO THE AREO OR ANYONE AT THE AREO. IF, DESPITE OUR REQUEST THAT YOU NOT SEND US YOUR IDEAS AND MATERIALS, YOU STILL SEND THEM, PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT THE AREO MAKES NO ASSURANCES THAT YOUR IDEAS AND MATERIALS WILL BE TREATED AS CONFIDENTIAL OR PROPRIETARY.
AREO Discussion Forum Terms and Conditions
By using this discussion board, you agree to the following terms:
- That you will not utilize this discussion board for any unlawful purpose or for any purpose that could expose the AREO to liability for any matter, including, but not limited to, defamation, negligence and Antitrust.
- That you will indemnify, save, defend and hold the AREO harmless from any and all liabilities, action, demands and damages, including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising out of or related to your use of this discussion board.
- That you will refrain from using any derogatory or inflammatory comments.
- That the AREO does not endorse, approve or sanction any comment, statement or claim that you may make or is made by any person and/or entity.
- That the AREO may, at any time and for any reason determined in its sole discretion, restrict and/or eliminate your use of this discussion board.
- There is no right of privacy attaching to your communications on the discussion board, or to that of any other person and/or entity, and the AREO may, but shall not be obligated to, monitor your discussions and those of other persons and/or entities for purposes of determining compliance with these policies.
- That your violation and/or refusal to comply with any of these terms may result in the suspension or termination of your membership in the AREO.
- That these rules may, at any time and for any reason determined by the AREO in its sole discretion, be amended or modified without notice.
AREO membership policies are designed to be non-discriminatory. AREO policies are designed to be pro-competitive, and not to exclude competitors. AREO membership policies also are designed to avoid:
- Restrictions on dealings with non-AREO members;
- Exclusions from membership;
- Limitations on access to AREO information.
PRINCIPLES OF ETHICS.
The AREO Principles of Ethics and Code of Professional Conduct and related Bylaws provisions help to ensure ethical conduct by AREO members, and establish and maintain public confidence in the AREO’s members. They are designed to be reasonable and proportionate in terms of sanctions for violations, and to provide members accused of violations with ample opportunity to be heard. They are designed to avoid any issues relating to competition, and have been clearly communicated to AREO members.